Welcome to your PTA!
We have so many upcoming activities! Check them out! Get engaged!
The purpose is to provide information and answer questions to help make the transition from 6th to 7th grade a positive experience for everyone!
Learn about course offerings, sample schedules, clubs, sports, upcoming events, middle school life and much more!
Spanish interpreters will be available. To request a different language interpreter, contact Luis Roman at (425) 431-7835
Next PTA Meeting is March 15th at 8pm
Meeting are generally held 2nd Wednesdays at 8pm on Zoom :
Meeting ID: 811 2401 8022 Passcode: 032758
PTA builds community, supports our school, students and teachers!
We can do more with your help!
Volunteers make a BIG difference!
We are excited to have in person community building events again! With your help we can accomplish a lot this year!
When volunteers commit to serving at a school, students achieve higher grades, have access to more opportunities, and gain community connections to help them thrive. To ensure student safety Edmonds School District requires volunteers to be screened and approved for in-person work prior to being in the school. The new application process is available by HERE. Thank you & please be patient as the district processes applications at the start of the year.
Please sign up to help out at Volunteer@TerraceParkPTA.com and note your interests.
Sign-up links for each event will be added here as dates near! Check back & follow us on social media for updates!
The Terrace Park PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) is a non-profit volunteer organization which serves to support all of the students, teachers and staff at Terrace Park Elementary.
Terrace Park PTA's Mission
Terrace Park PTA works to enhance the educational experience of our students by providing support and resources for academic programs and social activities that foster and strengthen our sense of school and community. We believe that the responsibility for successful education is shared among the school, the families and the students and together we can help make every student's potential a reality.
Some of the upcoming events the PTA welcomes you to join in 2023:
- Regular Teacher Appreciation events; monthly coffee & breakfast treats
- Jan - Return of Chess Wizards after school club
- Jan 20-March 3 - LEGO League: 1st & 2nd grader after school activity
- Jan 6th - Yearbook Art Contest submissions due
- Jan 13th & 20th - Swim Parties
- Feb 17th - Math Night (rescheduled from snow) Volunteers Needed!
- March 20-24th - School Book Fair
- March 22 - Art Walk - (PTA Concessions, Book Fair open)
- March 23rd - BINGO Night & PTA General Meeting
- April - Chess Wizards after school club, final session
- April 22nd - Earth Day School Clean Up
- May 8-19th - Read-a-thon fundraiser and literacy event
- May 19th - Movie Night
- June 9th - Carnival & PTA General Meeting!
- June 23rd - 6th Grade Moving On Ceremony
And of course, continuing our funding $300 to each classroom to fill the needs of our teachers
More to come! Please stay tuned, become a member, volunteer how ever you can, follow us on social media for opportunities to participate and know what is happening at Terrace Park! Thank you for being a part of our community! Sign up to help out by contacting Volunteer@TerraceParkPTA.com
WHAT DOES THE TERRACE PARK PTA DO?
Here is just a sampling of the items and services the PTA contributes to our school:
- Music Classroom Supplies
- P.E. Equipment
- Field Trip Funds
- Teacher Grants
- Classroom Stipends
- Staff Appreciation
- Library Books
- Student Enrichment: STEAM Club, Chess Club, After School Activities, Art Camp, Sports Camp, Missoula Children's Theater
- Roller & Ice Skate Nights
- School Clean Up events
- Annual Book Fair
- Sponsor School Assemblies
- Two annual Fundraisers - Wolf Pride & Read-a-thon
- Other fundraisers: Scholastic Book Fair, Amazon Smile, Fred Meyer Community Rewards, Box Tops for Education, Corporate Matching of Donations, etc.
- Family Nights: Back-to-School Social, Math Night, Carnival, Neon Dance Party
- School Improvement: Playground Equipment, Outdoor Covered Area, Electronic Reader Board, Sound System, etc.
- Bazaar & Pancake Breakfast
- Pool Party
- Movie Night & Book Swap
- Funds for 6th Grade Camp
- Talent Show
- Toy Drive
HOW DO WE DO IT ALL?
With your help!
As you can see, the PTA does a LOT of great stuff for Terrace Park, but we need a LOT of help in order to do it all. We therefore encourage every Terrace Park community member to please find some time to volunteer throughout the school year. Whether it be assisting in the classroom, weeding at a school clean up work party, pitching in during a school event, researching or writing grants from home, or spearheading a fundraising activity, there are countless fun, worthwhile ways to step in and get involved!
Without everyone's help, students and teachers would have to miss out on things like treasured annual events, field trips, enrichment programs, or more. Many hands make light work - the more community members (like you) get involved, the more vibrant our school becomes, so please share your time and talents with us whenever and however you can! Please REGISTER with the district to volunteer, share how you'd like to help out at Volunteer@TerraceParkPTA.com and look for sign-ups closer to each event on the website, Facebook and Instagram.
Have a question, suggestion, or want to help out? Get in touch! Links to board members or contact us all at board@TerraceParkPTA.com